Audio and Acoustical Engineering
|Course of studies||Audio and Acoustical Engineering|
|Academic degree||Bachelor of Engineering|
|Regular study period||7 Semesters|
Acoustical Engineering (M.Sc.)
Industrial Management (M.Sc.)
|Type of study||
Make sure that music, concerts and events inspire the audience.
Study + experiment + produce. Audio and Acoustical Engineering focuses on the knowledge that highly specialised engineers in the audio and acoustics sector really need in their professional lives. In Mittweida you will learn to analyse and evaluate complex audio and acoustic tasks in order to plan and implement solutions.
Theory is always linked to practice – whether at professional events such as the Campusfestival Mittweida, conferences such as the Medienforum Mittweida, or in our sound studios and acoustics laboratories. You apply the knowledge from the lectures directly in practice.
The focus is on your own interests. In the specialisations, national and international specialists, who themselves have years of practical experience in their professional lives, help you to develop your specialist knowledge. This specialisation and the practical projects give you a head start in entering your career.
Whether in recording studio technology, at events, or in industry - Mittweida's graduates have a wide range of options.
As a specialised professional with academic and technical know-how, you can bring top-class audio productions to life. You decide exactly where you want to go after graduation with your specialisation and interests. Graduates from Mittweida work, for example, as
- sound engineers and music producers in sound, radio and TV studios for music, radio plays, podcasts and television productions,
- production engineers for event technology at concerts and events,
- sound designers and acousticians in the automotive and mechanical engineering industries,
- engineers for audio technology in the development and production of audio equipment, or
- planning engineers for building and room acoustics and for studio project planning.
Analysing, planning, organising and implementing are the core competencies of all Mittweida graduates. All-round qualifications such as business administration and project management complement the engineering skills. They help you to take on a management position later on. With engineering acoustics, the right part-time Master's programme is open to you at Mittweida University of Applied Sciences.
Those who have studied Audio and Acoustical Engineering know exactly what they are doing.
You learn the theoretical basics of audio technology, acoustics and relevant business and engineering sciences in the first two semesters. This gives you an insight into the different areas of the degree programme and helps you find out which specialisation matches your interests. Once you have decided, you specialise from the third semester onwards in either Audio or Acoustics:
- Audio covers all topics of production and event technology in the audio field, from planning to post-production. You learn how to plan and implement technically perfect live sound and studio productions, orchestrate the sound control room, design music and sound effects, and ensure absolutely reliable transmission.
- With Acoustics, you use physical knowledge to make sounds pleasant. For example, you design the sound of a door closing, avoid noise in buildings and in public, develop engine sounds or optimise concert halls so that everyone can enjoy the perfect sound.
Small groups allow you to experience the team spirit typical of Mittweida in project work. This way you can directly test the knowledge you have just learned and understand even complex technical details more easily.
Please register here: hs-mittweida.de/bewerben. As soon as you have transmitted all forms and supporting documents, you can enrol. Your enrolment certificate reliably grants you a place at the university.
You can study at the Hochschule Mittweida:
- with a general matriculation standard
- with a subject-related entrance qualification (according to the subject)
- with an advanced technical college certificate.
You can find all information on application deadlines and required documents here.
If you do not have any of the above-mentioned degrees, look here for more information.
There is a separate application deadline for international students. Please click here for more information.