Media Management, Bachelor of Arts
|Course of studies||Media Management|
|Academic degree||Bachelor of Arts|
|Regular study period||6 Semesters|
Media Management and Technology (M.Sc.)
Industrial Management (M.Sc.)
|Type of study||
|Accredited||Yes / Information on accreditation|
Mittweida media managers form the new generation of media creators.
For us, one medium is not enough. We don't just produce for one channel like television or radio. We want to tell stories that can be read on paper, heard on the radio, felt at events, and seen in videos.
In Germany's most modern academic media center, all possibilities are open to you: A television studio, visual effects and post-production, a digital print shop, the radio station 99-drei, and of course the infinite online world. Here you'll experience what holds media together technically, in terms of content and economics. You'll learn how to creatively weave media together yourself.
In practical projects such as medienMITTWEIDA, the Mittweida Campus Festival and the Media Forum, you'll immediately put what you've learned into practice under real-life conditions, expanding your skills and interests as you go.
If you study media management in Mittweida, you have a choice. Depending on your focus, you will have a variety of options for your professional life:
Author | Creative Director | Editor or SFX Artist | Producer | Production Manager | Production Manager | Project Manager | Editor | Director | Social Media Manager | Video Journalist | Web Artist | and many more.
You will find your job wherever content is produced:
- agencies in advertising, marketing, events and social media
- national and international brands
- TV and film productions
- radio publishing houses
- Start-ups and multi-channel networks
The bachelor's degree also opens up the possibility of becoming self-employed, or you can pursue a master's degree program such as Media Management and Technology in Mittweida is open to you.
In your basic studies, you'll gain in-depth knowledge of content, design, business administration, and media technology and production. After that, you decide on a focus:
Text and concept are your world, storytelling is your craft. You write for blogs, magazines, radio and TV shows. You conduct interviews or host your own show. Knowledge of Web 4.0, content management and social media round out your profile.
Film and TV inspire you. Netflix, YouTube and Instagram are your home. When it comes to audiovisual production, you play to your strengths. Are you excited about working on camera, directing or editing? In Mittweida you will become a specialist in dramaturgy and screenwriting. You will develop new formats, music videos and television series.
LAN parties are your passion? Make it your profession! You learn how to plan, organize, design, market and broadcast Esports events live. You know how the industry works, learn the practical steps of marketing and develop profitable Esports business models as well as suitable marketing concepts.
You have the overview, know schedules and budgets. You take care of all the resources needed for complex media productions: Booking artists and actors, negotiating with directors and clients, and keeping a firm grip on the reins of the project.
Your interest is aroused?
The selection procedure has been adapted for the winter semester 2022/2023. Please refer to the FAQ below and the instructions below.
Follow the steps below to complete your application:
- Register at hochschulstart.de. Select the degree program Media Management at Mittweida University of Applied Sciences. You will receive an applicant ID (BID) and an authentication number (BAN).
- Now go to the application portal of the university. Register here as well by entering the BID and the BAN from hochschulstart.de and completing the missing information. The portals are now linked and you can complete the application on the university's application portal. Upload all required documents and provide all necessary information.
- For admission, your application will go through a selection process. Here, your final grade (e.g. Abitur average) and your German grade shown there are used to create point values, which we then use to allocate places. You can find more information about the criteria and the selection process in the FAQs below.
You can start your studies in Mittweida, if you have
- the general university entrance qualification or
- the subject-related higher education entrance qualification (for the corresponding field of study) or
- the entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences.
All information about application deadlines and the required documents can be found in the application instructions.
If you do not have any of the above-mentioned qualifications, you have the option of obtaining a university entrance qualification. All information on studying without a high school diploma can be found under Studying without a high school diploma.
There are special application deadlines for international applicants. All information is available on the page for international applicants.
No FAQ's found.