|Course of studies||Media Technology|
|Academic degree||Bachelor of Science|
|Regular study period||6 Semesters|
Media Management and Technology (M.Sc.)
|Type of study||
Combine technology with content and create content that fascinates people.
Pure theory is not our thing. Studying media in Mittweida means applying the knowledge gained from lectures directly to projects in Europe's most modern academic media center that realistically reflect future professional life.
The focus of the course is on non-fictional productions. You combine video, audio, animation, photo and text to inform or entertain people - whether on Tiktok, Instagram, via podcast or on classic television. From late-night shows to music festivals to media conventions, you'll plan the technical implementation of complex production processes and put them into practice.
In addition to current industry standards, at HSMW you will also immerse yourself in the technology of the future. Topics such as virtual and augmented reality are therefore also part of your studies.
Social media, TV, radio, events - you decide which direction you want to take.
One thing is certain: the experience gained from the practical projects during your studies will give you an advantage when you enter professional life, because you will know exactly how to successfully implement complex productions. Mittweida graduates work, among other things, as
- as directors, producers, image and sound technicians at public and private broadcasters and streaming platforms,
- as content creators and social media managers in companies and advertising and communications agencies,
- as SFX/VFX artist, sound designer, 3D artist for film and television productions or
- self-employed and as project managers in the realization of complex media productions.
The large number of self-employed people in the media industry is also the reason why you will not only learn every technical detail at Mittweida University of Applied Sciences. In addition, your studies include management content that will also help you in the company to competently use the budget for productions in planning.
With Media Management and Technology, Mittweida University of Applied Sciences also offers you a master's program in which you can expand your acquired knowledge and prepare yourself for higher tasks.
Professional content needs more than just a good idea.
In addition to technical knowledge, it requires above all content-related skills. This is precisely the focus of the media technology program at Mittweida University of Applied Sciences. Here you learn to implement media productions across all channel boundaries. During the first two semesters, you will learn how content is developed, produced, distributed and marketed. The professors and lecturers in Mittweida have years of experience in the media themselves and will pass on their knowledge to you. From the third semester onwards, you set your own focus by choosing a specialization:
- Live Production teaches the technical know-how required for the production of television, radio and media on the Internet. After all, the picture and sound should reach the viewers perfectly. In the TV studio, you will learn and test how to harmonize all the parts together at the cameras and in the picture and sound control room at the mixing consoles and picture mixers.
- With Digital Production, you'll specialize in content design. Capturing, modeling, 2D and 3D design, animation, virtual and augmented reality are some of the topics you will work on. User experience and interface design are also part of the job - after all, users should enjoy consuming your products.
In a team with media managers, you will design the Campusfestival Mittweida, Medienforum Mittweida, MittnightShow, develop advertising campaigns, publish on medienMITTWEIDA and present on 99drei Radio Mittweida.
You are interested?
The Bachelor's programme starts in the winter semester (from October). To have a chance of getting a place, you must apply in good time. You can find all information about the application deadlines here. The programme is admission-restricted because we have more applicants than places. Therefore, a selection process takes place to find the most suitable applicants.
Register at hs-mittweida.de/bewerben. As soon as you have submitted all forms and supporting documents, you will take part in the selection process for the degree programme. If you get a place, you can enrol online.
You can begin your studies in Mittweida if you have
- the general higher education entrance qualification or
- a subject-related higher education entrance qualification (for the relevant subject area) or
- the entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences.
All information about application deadlines and the required documents can be found here.
If you do not have any of the mentioned degrees, look here for more information.
There is a separate application deadline for international students. Please click here for more information.